Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
slow computer

Posted by goldy (My Page) on
Fri, Dec 21, 12 at 10:30

When signing on and going from one site to the next it take s about four mim.Can someone help me in simple terms ?I'm 82 and had a slight stroke but love my computer and need your help.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: slow computer

Goldy, who is your Internet provider and what type do you have, for example dialup, dsl, fios, cable,?

Can you give information about your computer, age, windows version, how much Ram memory and hard drive space..
You can run this free program to give you lots of information about your computer.

Here is a link that might be useful: Belarc

o

Usually when my computer gets slow, it is the fault of my Internet Service Provider.

I'd suggest you running a speed test at the link below. It doesn't require downloading anything to your computer. Just wait for the page to finish loading, and then click on Begin Test. After it has completed, come back here and let us know what your speeds show for download and upload.

Do you know about how old your computer is? Has it been slow for some time now, or did it recently just get slow?

Good luck. You can do it. Might you have a local friend, neighbor or relative who can maybe assist you?

Sue

Here is a link that might be useful: Speedtest.net

o

tried your speed test.I think I found the answer.Thanks

o

Great! Please let us know if/when your speed/computer gets back to normal.

Anymore my internet service provider is the first thing I suspect and check (speed test) when things aren't running as they should be.

Good luck!

Sue

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here