Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Best way to send picture in Christmas email

Posted by ginnyginny (My Page) on
Wed, Dec 19, 12 at 10:29

I'd like to send my Christmas letter via email this year. I'd like to include a couple of pictures. Is there a way that I can do this which would allow most people to view it?

The ideal would be for the picture to just appear in the email without having to click on a link to go somewhere else since I think many people hesitate to "go somewhere else." I'd also like the picture to be a large as possible.

Thanks and Happy Holidays!!
Ginny

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Best way to send picture in Christmas email

Make the letter interesting and they will be willing to open the attachment or click the link to where the pictures are hosted, not all E-Mails will support doing what you suggest and even if yours did the recipient's may not.

o

Thanks Zep, I was afraid that was still a problem with sending pictures.
Ginny

o

Over the years I have found different email software has different ways of sending it. I have Windows Live mail 2009 and I use insert. You can size it in the mail by clicking on layout. My sis and I send photos to each other all the time.

o

Unfortunately many email systems block pictures and other attachments, especially on mobile devices.

If you want to create a document and maintain formatting, a cross platform format like PDF is you best bet. If people don't want to download the attachment, there's not much you can do about that. Or just send an ordinary Christmas card with a postage stamp. ;-)

o

Emma, I would suggest you do not update your Live mail because newer versions (mine at least) do not offer that feature. We can attach but not insert. Yahoo does not seem to offer the option either. My Outlook program does though.

I guess Zep has the right idea.

o

Since there doesn't seem to be any one sure way that will work for everyone, why not just create a Photobucket album (or someplace similar) and send the URL of it.

I know some folks I send URLS to, find the links are not clickable. I've also been told that they were not able to copy and paste the URL either. One friend just totally doesn't know how to copy and paste and doesn't seem to want to learn...says it just makes her 'nervous' to try. I've just given up on sharing much via emails with those who are so computer challenged.

Oh...the one who said she wasn't able to copy and paste a URL I sent, was a link to an item on Amazon. I'm thinking she just didn't know how to do it.

Sue

o

Owbist, thanks for the tip.

o

I agree. I host the photos online some where that let's me but borders and such around them then send the link in email. A few people I know use online mail and can't see stuff right in the email so would have to save them to the desktop.

Picture trail is nice and will let you create a private album that you can customize and then password it and then just give the email recipeints the password to view the photos if you dont want to make them plubic domain. Mary

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here