Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
New Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 1.60

Posted by damccoy (My Page) on
Wed, Dec 28, 11 at 9:49

A new version of MBAM has been released and should be installed for complete benefit. One of the reported changes is "Malwarebytes Chameleon technology gets Malwarebytes Anti-Malware running even when blocked by infection". This could be very important in the event of an infection.

I do not know if the upgrade will come automatically through the MBAM updater as I did it independently.

DA

Here is a link that might be useful: Change Log

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: New Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 1.60

I opened MBAM as I normally do each week and clicked on update. After completion of the update download, a message box advised a new MBAM was downloaded; instructions were given for installing it. Couple of clicks and it was done.

o

excellent news thanks for the info both of you!! I will be updating and scanning today.

o

A basic Google search using the keywords "malwarebytes chameleon" (sans quotes) reported a lot of current information the user will have to ferret through to be completely informed. The link below gives a presentation of what to expect if Chameleon use is warranted.

Here is a link that might be useful: Techdows.com

o

My update came through yesterday when I opened MBAM to do a daily update.

Bob

o

Thank you damccoy...I've updated and am scanning! Did I tell everyone I love this forum? :)

o

Started to do the update and ran into a problem. On my update/computer there is a stop sign with a hand on it telling me to run a free scan for Windows Error --started to BUT then I noticed up in the upper right hand corner these words--Registery Booster--I stopped the scan and thought I better check to see it I really needed to do the scan--or if someone was trying to sell me something.
Hope this makes sense. I think the name was Blu-xx can't remember.
Thanks
Marie

o

You dont want that scan.
If you have it run CCleaner to clear out the temporary internet files & also might want to look in the control panel add/remove or programs & features for Blue something reg scanner. Uninstall it if you see it.

If you have Malwarebytes already.. just go to its updates tab and press the update button. You will get the new version.

o

If you wish here is a safe site for downloading.

Great job in being aware and reacting to unwarranted offerings.

DA

Here is a link that might be useful: Filehippo.com

o

Just updating now to 2011.12.31.04

o

To avoid possible confusion for newer members,

MWAB v1.60 is the current application version.

The current database version (definitions/signature file) is 2011.12.31.04

DA

o

"The current database version (definitions/signature file) is 2011.12.31.04"

Another update today, DA, to 2011.12.31.05. The MBAM crew is really on the ball. :-)

Happy New Year to all!

Rosie

o

Thanks.

They are very agressive with updates. It is not unusual for multiple daily releases. .04 was the current version at 2:06 p.m. .06 could very well be here before the end of the day.

DA

o

To reinforce my comment as to how aggressive they are with updates, here it is January 1st at 10:05 a.m. and the current update is 2012.01.01.02. Two updates already today.

DA

o

Thanks, I have had Malwarebytes for awhile, and it appears everything is updated ok.
Marie

o

Not to "beat a dead horse to death" but to show how important it is to regularly check for MBAM updates, there was a third update yesterday and right now at 9:18 a.m. this morning they are providing v2012.01.02.02

DA

o

When I checked here at around 10am. I saw DA's last post, so went and got .02.

Just out of curiosity, I checked again a few minutes ago and got .04.

Sue

o

Sue,

I just checked on your referral. I am going to try to remember to check how many new "fingerprints" are added just to see how much has changed. From v.02 to v.04 there has been an addition of 120 fingerprints.

DA

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here