Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Running scripts pop-up.....what does it mean?

Posted by granniek (My Page) on
Tue, Dec 30, 08 at 9:24

Everytime I log on I get this pop-up asking me if I want to continue running scripts. I answer it 'yes', then click it away. It's annoying. Any way to stop it from constantly appearing? And what does 'running scripts' mean anyway? As you can tell I'm computer illiterate! I'm using a Toshiba Satellite A135 with Vista Premium. TIA.

Sheila :)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Running scripts pop-up.....what does it mean?

usually that is a problem with in a website you are visiting, there is a script that is running with in that site that is not functioning properly, your browser will alert you to this, if it causes your browser to freeze hit stop script, often it can cause the browser to shut down.
If you are using firefox this can sometimes happen if one of your add-ons is having issues.

o
RE: Running scripts pop-up.....what does it mean?

The only site where this happens to me is GW. If I click on a thread (decorating forum or kitchen forum), I get the long running script message & can't read the thread (often it just shuts the browser down compltetely).

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here