SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
luis_pr

Laptop screen question

luis_pr
9 years ago

I have been recently using a temporary loaner HP Elitebook 8440p with W7 that does something odd. I am not saying that it is a "problem", rather something I do not know if it is a problem. I went to the web and got the user manual. I downloaded it, looked around and did not see this mentioned so maybe someone will have an AHA! moment when reading this.

When I close the lid/screen, the screen goes dark and I cannot "light up" the screen back 'on' except by hitting the power button and rebooting. If I do that, the laptop reboots and the screen is fine. I have closed the lid slowly to determine exactly when this occurs and noticed that the screen goes dark as I am close to completely closing the lid (or about an angle of less than 30 degrees).

By the way, Ctrl-Alt-Delete does not help. Neither does pressing the Power Button "slightly".

I considered that this "behavior" was some weird power saving mode feature but who knows. If it were, I am puzzled why make it so difficult for one to stop the power saving mode. Then again, maybe I am reading the wrong chapters of the manual; I just have not found it. The person who loaned it to me has not replied to my emails so maybe someone here has some ideas.

TIA and Merry Christmas everyone,
Luis

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths