The future of?
In big trouble.

Here is a link that might be useful: The future of

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 'FireFox Lovers'

Looks like the page has been removed???

Frome the link Urlee provided
Whoops! The page you're looking for is missing. I blame ghost bears, but you might have typed the wrong URL or found a dead link. Perhaps the page you're looking for is in this list?

o
RE: 'FireFox Lovers' - more

Perhaps this is the news that Urlee refers to, it suggests Chrome has overtaken Firefox in market share.

o

If this is indeed true then it is obvious that it is all about money. The tentacles of Google contimue to spread as it evolves from a search engine to a multi-service entity.

I do have thoughts as to how much of our data Google retains for its commercial use via spying and tracking.

DA

o

Urlle's link worked for me.

Sue

Here is a link that might be useful: Urlle's link

o

Thanks Sue, it works for me now as well

o

where firefox lost many many users was when they started having a new updated version almost weekly and many did not work properly. People got tired of trying them only to find it broke stuff. I am very disappointed with firefox for handling things the way they did. they had a great thing going and just had to mess with it.
I have not tried Chrome since way back when it first came out and I did not like it at all then, but I would be willing to give it a try.
I do not use the mobile firefox on any of my andorid devices it is not real stable. I use Opera mini and Dolphin along with webkit which is default on my HTC.

o

Thanks Sue.
Don't know what happened with mine?

o

Interesting article. I'm still a Firefox fan and have not been able to warm up to Chrome even though I like and use other Google products. I think Firefox will persist since it is an open source product with a dedicated band of developer and code writers, and the Mozilla organization is a non-profit. That doesn't mean, of course, that they don't need a revenue stream, but they are driven by a philosophy different from Google's. While things can change quickly in the Internet world, I'm betting that Firefox has still got plenty of steam.

o

I use at least two browsers. Some sites don't work well with one so I have to switch to the other.

o

I'm not averse to using Chrome, but they don't seem to have as many quality, bug-free add-ons as Firefox. For example, I like to change the enlargement of pages that have uncomfortably small fonts. Firefox has an add-on (NoSquint) that lets you control this precisely and set it just once. Chrome only has something like this in test for Beta Users; otherwise you have to make an enlargement each time you re-visit a page. When Chrome catches up to Firefox in features, I'll reconsider.

o

I use the Sea monkey browser, it is a Mozilla product also and I also have Firefox . I used Firefox when my profile on Sea Monkey got corrupted recently. But I created a new profile in Sea Monkey and deleted the corrupted one so Firefox is now back in the Rarely Used Folder.

o

I wouldn't ever take an "it won't happen position". Remember Netscape?

DA

o

damccoy-
You're right that anything can happen. In fact, Firefox arose out of the ashes of Netscape, which was a good thing. On the other hand, don't ask me how well my AOL stock did!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here