Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
red lines under words

Posted by deener49 (My Page) on
Sat, Nov 20, 10 at 23:22

when I type my name and addy on things Some words get red lines under them how do I get rid of them ? Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: red lines under words

Its probably just telling you there is a spelling error. Things like your name wouldn't be in the dictionary.
upnflyin

o

Your speller is telling you that word isn't in its dictionary.

The next time you see a word w/a redline, right click it, then choose the appropriate thing from the drop down menu. Among the choices are a list of words that might be the correct spelling; the word "ignore;" or the phrase "add to dictionary." Click on what you want to do.

o

Maybe he doesnt know how to spell his name.

o

Here is a word illustrating that the program which is doing the underline just does not recognize the word. On many blogs when I type the word "Obama" (just like here in Gardenweb) it will do an underline. Gardenweb also underlines the word "Gardenweb." When I compose an email in AOL the program tells me I have words wrong. But I know I can not be wrong because I spent 30 years working in Washington D.C.

o

LOLLOLLOL fruitjarfla that was funny!!! I recall I made a mistake once, I thought I was wrong.

o

If you know that a word is the way you want it and you don't want to see the red line under it, right click it and left click 'add to dictionary'. It's only your dictionary and won't affect anyone else's.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here