Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Windows Media Player won't play avi file from Digital Blue scope

Posted by jean001 (My Page) on
Sun, Nov 30, 08 at 22:15

I can play some avi files, but not those from Digital Blue.

Have Vista & Win Media Player 11, both Home Premium (HP 8100 desktop) & Home Basic (Dell 1525 laptop) *but* neither will play avi files downloaded from Digital Blue Microscope (manufacturers Intel & Mattel).

receive error code 80040265

Have chased through the Microsoft trails to no avail.

Found site w/free fix but don't know if is "safe." It's http://fix-media-player.pcaholic.com/?med=80040265&gclid=CN_Psee1npcCFRxNagodyUoK_g

Can you help? What to do?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Windows Media Player won't play avi file from Digital Blue sc

I do not trust that site it looks like it wants to install "registry cure" that will probably scan the computer and ask for money for a fix that may not work....

See what others say and in the mean time I will search the error code in Media Player (80040265) and see what comes up..

o
more

jean001,

Can you provide a link to the avi file, I think it could be the site causing the problem they may be providing a bad file..

o
RE: Windows Media Player won't play avi file from Digital Blue sc

It's not on a site. The video was taken with the computerized microscope named Digital Blue. (It's a "toy" scope for kids but big kids like to play, too.) The files played on the original computer when I used the Digital Blue software.

I exported the files from the Digital Blue folder then, once exported, copied to my thunb drive so that I could transfer to my computer. As I said, they won't play on my computers (both Vista) even though they both play avi files from other sources.

I also tried to convert to another format via zamzar but received error message unable to convert. (Sorry, I don't recall precise wording. Could try again if it's important.)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here