Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Now that Limewire is gone...

Posted by michelle_phxaz (My Page) on
Tue, Nov 9, 10 at 20:52

I am in need of a good music download site. I would prefer a site that you pay a single fee for all the downloads instead of paying per song because I like to download a lot of music, but I don't always use what I download.

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Now that Limewire is gone...

But it isn't! There is now a Limewire 5.6.2 (pirate edition) alive and well.

o

You'd never catch me around Limewire!

Why not use Youtube .. Any and every song and video you could ever think of is there!?

o

Thanks! The YouTube sound quality is really poor, but I will check out the new LimeWire.

o

I have 100's of videos and audio that is of cd quality that I've downloaded from Youtube as well as other similar audio/video hosting sites.
Youtube has a HQ link to 'most' of their uploads.

I'll say it again .. I wouldn't go Anywhere near Limewire.
You are just asking for trouble.

o
One More Thing

BTW: grandms (pirate edition) should give you a clue.

o

if you are ever in need of help on your pc from one of the support forums they will not help you if you fail to get rid of limewire. Why? well why help clean a pc when the person is going to go right back to the place they get infected from and do it all over again.
Not to mention the downloads are illegal music and video in most cases.

Pirate does say it all! If you are not aware of the dangers maybe you should view this video.

Limewire Hacking

and what the universities tell their students
Limewire Dangers

I would never suggest anyone use it.

o

I confess...I've used limewire....I have a Mac....I get nothing but music....at the quality represented.

Back off before you start... I do not "share"...I just pick off my 40-year-old stupid tunes and disappear. Whatever bad news may (or may not) be in there doesn't bother me or anyone else.

o

You are stealing songs though - even if you are not sharing.

Would you take a candy bar from the checkout - but if you didn't share it, it would be OK?

As far as paying a flat fee on Limewire - LimeWire Pro - you are NOT paying for unlimited downloads. You paid for a faster, add free download. You ARE NOT paying for the music - you are still pirating the songs. Read the fine print.

You probably won't get caught - but if you do - expect a big fine.

o

Understand and agree, actually. Yup...I'm a thief. However, trying to imagine a jury breaking me over my downloading Frank Stanley singing Asleep in the Deep from 1908. If it happens, I'll bet you'll read about it.

o

LOL, Asolo - probably won't be reading about that :) I think the copyrights have long expired on that.

Did you know there is a site with Mr. Stanley's collected works for download?

Here is a link that might be useful: Archive - Frank Stanley

o
I wish it well......

I am suffering because of Limewire.....my daughter visited us week end before last. While she was with us, she left her laptop on because she was trying to download a back-up program for her lap top, using her wireless capability to our IP. She has Limewire. The night after she left I was unable to connect to the internet. I rarely have a problem but figured it was related to my IP. I was a little under the weather so I put it off til the next day however the next am I was able to connect. Didn't think anything about it. That nite DH could not "get on". Next day I decided to see what the problem was. What I found out was that I had gone over my uploading limit (which I didn't even know I had one) by 131%!!! Because of that I got knocked down to a lower speed and am unable to connect during prime time! There is supposed to be a one time amnesty fix but so far I've been unable to find anyone that know exactly how to do it. Since I have a 30 day roll over, it is going to take quite a while to out run it. My daughter feels terrible about it and will be forbidden to even turn that lap top on when she visits next time!

o

It's not because of Limewire that you are "throttled". It's because your daughter left her laptop on while downloading a huge file. Any web site where large downloads are available would have done the same thing, ie, UTube downloaders. So blame your daughter, not Limewire.

o

No, it was an "upload" violation, not "download"!

o

man I sure would be investigating just what was uploaded from your pc that is a LOT especially since she was connected to your wireless network.

o

Sounds as if music she has on her laptop was being uploaded via the "sharing". Sorry I misread and thought it was downloading.

o

I dont know whats worse that the average joe doesnt know how to set up a router properly to kick off users, protecting over usage at 75% 85% and 100% intervals, or blaming a child for going over bandwidth usage. Which isn't even tangible. Get unlimited internet cheapskate. LOL!

o

lxbeetee instead of coming here poking at people why couldn't you have briefly explained the process of setting up a router instead? After all this is a help forum and your help might have been invaluable to some readers here.

o

did anyone notice how old this thread is that has been dredged up from the dead??

looks like spammmmmer

o

Get unlimited internet cheapskate. LOL!

You take for granted that such things are available to all. I have satellite internet, as that is the only thing available to me, other than dialup. It is pretty easy to go over the FAP limit, no matter what plan you use. They don't offer "unlimited" or if they did, I can't imagine the monthly bill.

o

Yes, and with wireless as my source, the limit is even less than with satellite. I really have to watch not to go over my limit.

o

Is Limewire a torrent? I undestand that downloading and using somthhing that is copyrighted is considered illegal. I do have a problem understanding why it is wrong to share ebook files but it is OK for me to buy a hard cover or paperback book and then pass it around to endless friends. If this practice is so common, and illegal, why can't it be stopped? I have relatives who use a torrent to get all kinds of music and they feel perfectly safe. Are they taking a risk?
Nancy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here