SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
casi_gw

Airdroid/Samsung SII

casi
9 years ago

As I have posted in another post....I had to replace my hardrive so I lost a lot of stuff. I have a Samsung SII and I am wanting to save the pics to my PC. I have done it before but tonite when I went thru the process when I saved the pics I wasn't able to edit them to turn them clockwise/counterclock wise??? I thought that after I downloaded them and moved them into my Pic that I would be able to correct that. Is it because I'm missing a program to do that>?

Comments (7)

• emma
    9 years ago

Install free Irfanview, it is a nice little soft ware for photos. If you decide to download this, watch for the checked boxes and remove the checks or you will have chrome set as your browser.

Here is a link that might be useful: irfanview

• PRO
    kbarb - San Francisco - Z10a
    9 years ago

Yes, like I replied in your other thread, Picasa, IrfanView, and XnViewMP are probably the best choices, but I'd go with IrfanView as EmmaR says.

When you rotate the photos to their correct orientation, usually you have to save them as such. Otherwise they'll open back up in the same wrong orientation.
    Do a test with one to see how it works.

This post was edited by kbarb on Mon, Nov 3, 14 at 12:18

• casi
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Can't get IrfanView to work?

• Richard (Vero Beach, Florida)
    9 years ago

Has anyone tried JPEG Autorotate?

It seems clean. No boxes needing un-checked, no pleads for donations, no anything bad that I could see.

I only tried it on an older version of Windows but it claims to work through version 8.

The nicety is that it adds options to the Windows Context(right-click) Menu to "autorotate" one photo, a folder of photos, or a whole collection of photos.

Would that be another option?

Here is a link that might be useful: JPEG Autorotate

• casi
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I went to dinner and when I came back it was ready to install. I installed it but I must have done something wrong because it opened up and the pictures show up correctly. I even "save as" with a new name but the new pic doesn't show up in my "pictures" folder....plus now I can't find the program except if I want to uninstall it. I can find the "saved as" picture if I do a search./??????

• casi
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Never mind....I think I have solved my problems. I will use this program for awhile and see how it does. Thanks all!

• acraftylady
    9 years ago

I am using windows seven and I open photos in the windows photo viewer built in and I have the rotate buttons and don't need another program just to rotate a photo from my phone. Mary