SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
juneroses_gw

Where is Waldo...err...the iso file?

I got an error message when I tried to use my Ubuntu CD for banking today. I've had it awhile so decided to make a new one using the latest Ubuntu version. This has proved to be somewhat of an all-day challenge and still I have no working CD!

The problem is that I can't find the ISO file on my computer after I've downloaded it. I've downloaded Ubuntu twice and even tried Kubuntu. The files show in Firefox downloads, but I can't point to them as a source for the burn because I can't find them on the computer.

Before I did the 3rd download, I went into Firefox (Release 17) to be certain of where the downloads were located (surprise...in "Downloads"). During the download I directed that the file was to be opened with ImgBurn. Earlier I had downloaded and installed this program for the purpose of making the CD. I had easily found it in the "Downloads" file (where it was supposed to be) and successfully installed it.

In My Computer, I've checked to be sure that hidden files are NOT hidden.

I've done a computer search on the C drive (and even D, for good measure) for any iso file...nada! I also searched to no avail using "ubuntu" and "kubuntu".

I didn't have any problems making the first Ubuntu CD.

I know asking you to find something on my computer is laughable since there are so many possibilities and variables but I'll ask anyway. Any ideas?

I realize I could just buy a Live CD but I hate to lose this round to the computer.

Specs: Win XP with SP3, and up-to-date Avast, ZA, MBAM, SAS, & Spyware Blaster

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!