Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My computer locked up. Hijacked.

Posted by ellie45 (My Page) on
Sun, Nov 25, 12 at 18:54

I can't use control panel, spyware blaster and others. They are locked are up. Orange line traveling fast across site I was in.
Looked at my list of urls and came across a strange one called computer pannel defender I think. It is misspelled. I can't recall the exact name but it can be a virus as I looked it up on an iPad that is useable to reach you.
any ides?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My computer locked up. Hijacked.

Maybe go to the LandzDown Forum and register and post your problem.

o

I did , bob....Thanks!

o

The site I saw was called Control panelwinndows defender. If you click onit it goes to c:\windows\system32\control.exe.

o

Yes you definitely did the right thing going to LzD, you will need help with this one. Just follow the instructions provided to you by the LzD team.

o

As to the above panelwinndows is spelled just like that.

o

Thanks Raven. I doubt anyone is there.. I get these problems at the very worst times. I think I have topped myself with Thanksgiving weekend.

o

The team is from all over the world so someone will be around.

o

" I get these problems at the very worst times."

I'm sorry you're having problems. You imply that this has happened to you before. With all due respect, you should critically assess your antivirus/protection software and your internet practices. What you're doing and/or using is the root cause, because such problems should never occur.

o

Sheldon, I mean Snidely you have made me laugh at the end of this day. It is true, I need to assess, very critically what I am doing. But if it weren't for silly girls like me there would be no Computer Help forum.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here