Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Problems Ebay site

Posted by joyce58 (My Page) on
Wed, Nov 9, 11 at 17:10

No matter what I try, I cannot pull up the EBAY site. I can neither click on the site ( without getting "internet Explorer cannot locate the web page and the same with Mozilla) or type in site.....I have clicked on "diagnosis" etc. but have no idea as to what to do.....
I am not a computer whiz-kid, so please keep suggestions simple.
Thanks,
Joyce

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Problems Ebay site

Have you tried rebooting your computer...ie turning it off, and then restarting it?

Have you cleared your recent history? With Mozilla, go to the top and click on Tools
Then you hopefully will see something like Clear Recent History
Under time range to clear, choose everything and put checks in all of the boxes.

Hopefully that will do it....at least for Mozilla

Sue

o

Don't forget to reboot the router and modem. My router has often prevented 1 site like that from not connecting namely this one.

That simply means to un-plug the modem and router, the re plug modem wait for lights to come up and then re plug router, that's called a power cycle.

o

Is this the URL you are using to access eBay?

http://www.ebay.com/

Here is a link that might be useful: eBay

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here