Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
PDF Converter to Document??

Posted by pamies (My Page) on
Thu, Nov 29, 12 at 16:38

I know there are good free converters Doc to PDF. Are there any Free PDF to Document converters? I would like to be able to fill out a form with my PC.
TIA

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: PDF Converter to Document??

I don't know about converters but I fill out pdf forms with
PDF-XChange Viewer. Just open the form and select the typewriter tool and put your cursor where you want to type. If you go to the link above I would suggest choosing one of the major geek sites for download and when you install decline offers for the paid version. After you try it you may want to uninstall Adobe Reader which is a resource hog compared to pdf-Xchange.

o

Thanjks Bob.
I downloaded the free pregram with no problem. However, all the tools (tyewriter etc.) are "grayed out" The program offers a download site ( the developer) for "creative tools" that appear to be a "pay for" download. Maybe I'm confused.

o

Wow.. never knew about this.. pretty simple.. It works.. .. screen shot and paste into paint and save as JPG.. we should all have adobe reader.. this is version 9 and they offer this free. Paint is in Windows.
Open the PDF, Under TOOLS, click select and zoom, go down menu to Snapshot tool, click that, and copy the picture? whatever, and open paint program, store in paint, and Under file in Paint, click SAVEAS whatever JPG, and be sure and choose JPG in type of file below. I am a newbie using this, and hope I explained it correctly. Good luck!!!!!!!!
If I can do it anyone can!!!!!!!!!!
I found I don't need another program on the machine, already have it.

o

Uhoh, maybe they have changed the abilities of the free version. I have been using it for a long time and none of those are greyed out. I'll see what I can find out.

o

Shaddy- Thank you.
I guess I really don't understand. I have Adobe Reader 10, W7, Office 10. Following the directions for snapshot of document(print screen etc.) - the snapshot is only the screen view picture not the whole document and no ability to edit- ( complete the form)

Bob
How do I get the document on to the PDF X change viewer?
Maybe that is my problem.

I have to amend our 2011 taxes. The Federal Form is editable online. The state isn't, I am more accurate and faster at the PC than hand writing.
Pam

o

• Posted by bob414 USDA 9, Sunset 15 (My Page) on
    Fri, Nov 30, 12 at 8:17

Right click on the file and then select 'open with' and the drop down menu and navigate toPDF-Xchange viewer. If you made it the default for pdf files it would open them when you double click on the file.
I just checked. The tools are grayed out if you don't have a file open.

This post was edited by bob414 on Fri, Nov 30, 12 at 8:58

o

AHA!!!

I had not made PDFXchange my default for pdf files.

THANK YOU BOB!!!!

o

You're very welcome. I'm happy to be able to help.

o

I have been using this program for years now and I am very happy with it. I always install it on my new computers. I don't have any adobe Reader on any of my machines. Way too many vulnerabilities with Adobe Reader. Another good option is Sumatra also free and open source software .

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here