SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
blueit

Frustrating...would like help!! (please)

blueit
10 years ago

I have a Dell laptop with Windows 7. Using Microsoft Essentials for antivirus and has Malwarebites loaded. Don't laugh but still using dial-up at home, no way we can get high speed, isolated and too many hills for dish. I go into town for updates and am writing this from the library on their computer.
My problem at home is trying to access the internet, the computer is winding and grinding and with any luck after about 5 mins a page might open and most often it will not and it tells me to check my connection. When I am on high speed it will work but not as fast as the library computers. All my updates are current and I do full scans more than regular. (Nothing found) Seem like there are a lot of unnecessary programs running when I go on the internet and I don't know how to check nor how to stop them. I go into the Safe Mode to try and do a Defrag, but it will not allow me, I can do one but not in the Safe Mode.
I've had it into the shop many times to get it checked and it comes back not too bad, but after a period it goes back to its old ways.
Sorry for the ramble, but I am a Senior and like to do a little surfing, nothing serious!!!
Thanks kindly.

Comments (6)