Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
hs_err_pid

Posted by kessy56 (My Page) on
Sun, Nov 6, 11 at 13:13

Can someone please tell me why I get this type of icon on my desktop every time I try to play a game at yahoo? I know very little about computers so I'd appreciate explanation and solution to be simple. lol Thanks for all you wonderful people who can and are willing to help those of us who only know the basics of a computer (such as how to bring up a webpage and bring up our email! haha!)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: hs_err_pid

A quick glance in the Land of Google leaves me with the impression it is a Java error log to gaming, particularly Minecraft gaming. The vast majority of the posts are from the summer.

What version of Java do you have installed? Is the gaming you are accessing through Yahoo Minecraft related?

DA

o
RE: hs_err_pid

you may have some old out dated java that you need to be rid of and you may need the latest updated version. I suggest using JavaRA to make sure you are rid of all the old versions which can be security risks and install the latest version of Java.

JavaRa

you can also use the secunia scan tool to check for any other updates that you need to do to your pc to make sure it is up to date and secure
Secunia Online Software Inspector (OSI)

you can go to control panel to the java icon double click it and hit the update tab for it to search for the latest updates to install.
Be sure you do remove all the old versions by using javaRA or at the very least going to add remove programs and removing all but the latest version there.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here