SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kessy56

hs_err_pid

kessy56
12 years ago

Can someone please tell me why I get this type of icon on my desktop every time I try to play a game at yahoo? I know very little about computers so I'd appreciate explanation and solution to be simple. lol Thanks for all you wonderful people who can and are willing to help those of us who only know the basics of a computer (such as how to bring up a webpage and bring up our email! haha!)

Comments (2)

• DA_Mccoy
    12 years ago

A quick glance in the Land of Google leaves me with the impression it is a Java error log to gaming, particularly Minecraft gaming. The vast majority of the posts are from the summer.

What version of Java do you have installed? Is the gaming you are accessing through Yahoo Minecraft related?

DA

• ravencajun Zone 8b TX
    12 years ago

you may have some old out dated java that you need to be rid of and you may need the latest updated version. I suggest using JavaRA to make sure you are rid of all the old versions which can be security risks and install the latest version of Java.

JavaRa

you can also use the secunia scan tool to check for any other updates that you need to do to your pc to make sure it is up to date and secure
    Secunia Online Software Inspector (OSI)

you can go to control panel to the java icon double click it and hit the update tab for it to search for the latest updates to install.
    Be sure you do remove all the old versions by using javaRA or at the very least going to add remove programs and removing all but the latest version there.