Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Problem with IMAC and Printer

Posted by abbey_cny (My Page) on
Sat, Nov 10, 12 at 12:33

I am having a problem with my printer. Plenty of toner and paper, but an error light is blinking and I cannot figure out why. I thought I would just reinstall the printer and see what happens. However I cannot figure out how to delete the printer app off of my imac as it is not in the dock and it is isn't listed under my applications. The printer is still registering on the computer as I can select the print option for a document and the printer info will come up, and I will get a message saying it is printing but nothing happens.
I have an IMCAC Model ident 10.1, running OS X. So can anyone tell me how to find the printer app in order to delete it and reinstall? Thanks for any suggestions.

Abbey

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Problem with IMAC and Printer

You want System Preferences, then choose Print and Fax. Highlight the printer and click the little minus sign below your list of printers. You're get a confirmation box.

That's probably not the problem. You might want to read the manual for the printer and see what the cause of the error light is.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here