Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
why must I have 'zip'?

Posted by ilmbg (My Page) on
Sun, Nov 20, 11 at 12:10

I just bought a TMobile Gravity Smart phone. The manuels that come with them nowadays is minimal at best (I am being nice). I tried to download a manuel online from TMobile, but keep getting a messege that I need a 'zip file'. When I start to download a place that has zip file/download, I see they are going to download a bunch of stuff I don't want. How can I download a manuel by itself? thx

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: why must I have 'zip'?

Maybe look at the link below... the webpage has a link to download the manual in adobe PDF format for a Samsung Gravity titled 'Gravity SMART User Guide.pdf (9.3 MB) Download '

Here is a link that might be useful: User manual - Samsung Gravity Smart

o
RE: why must I have 'zip'?

Compressed files were far more common in the days before broadband connections because they speed downloads. I looked briefly at T-Mobile's site and didn't see any compressed files for your phone. In any case, zip files, can be expanded by Windows Vista and 7 (maybe XP) without the need for additional software. In the case of something like a manual, there shouldn't be anything in the file beside the manual.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here