Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
iPad app for writing newsletter

Posted by granniek (My Page) on
Thu, Nov 8, 12 at 10:37

Darn, just got myself 'volunteered' to do a brief weekly newsletter for our dancing club. I'd like to use my iPad, it's much newer than my laptop making it faster. Does anyone have suggestions for an app that would let me set up an email membership list and also give me some font and graphic options? I've spent over two hours going thru the app store and have not yet found anything that sounds right for me. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

I should add that I'm a novice when it comes to computer skills, so I'm definitely looking for 'user friendly'!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: iPad app for writing newsletter

I would think that the mailing list would be set up in your email. Tell us your email provider and maybe someone can help. I'm not familiar with tablets or pads so can't offer a suggestion there.

o

I use yahoo and on this iPad I've searched for a way to input a group...no luck. The previous newsletter person is going to send me the email list. I may be able to save her email and do a copy/paste

o

Check out this link: Yahoo Email List
If you have trouble setting up a list on your ipad maybe you can set it up on your computer and access it from your ipad.

o

agree this should be set up in your email client. I help set up some for the church so that they can send out their senior friends newsletters. I did it all in yahoo email. just set up a group and put all the addresses in that group. There are several font and color options in yahoo mail and most email clients do offer those options. Once the letter is set up and ready just select the group to send it to from the contacts list and that is it.

o

Also there is a yahoo email app. I have it for android but not sure if they make it for Ipad but I find it much better for my yahoo mail than going to yhoo.com on my tablet to get my mail. Mary

o

Thanks everyone. I'm OK on the email portion on the newsletter, now I need a program that will help me write the newsletter. I downloaded a couple things that I thought would help, but they weren't what I needed.

o

Thanks everyone. I'm OK on the email portion on the newsletter, now I need a program that will help me write the newsletter. I downloaded a couple things that I thought would help, but they weren't what I needed.

o

If you have not looked at this one take a look.

Here is a link that might be useful: Mailer

o

Apple's Pages app might be what you're looking for.

o

Thank you, I'll check out both of these.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here