SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
casi_gw

Malwaresbytes

casi
11 years ago

Help!I keep getting a message that my trial is over but I can't get it renewed or whatever I need to do. I thought that I updated to the newest version. Can anyone direct me to a link to get the free protection that I can keep on this laptop?

Comments (14)

• azinoh
    11 years ago

See below

Here is a link that might be useful: Malwarebytes

• ravencajun Zone 8b TX
    11 years ago

it is free you must have chosen to get the trial version of the pro and now that part has expired you want just the regular free version which will not do that.

Please use this link at bleeping computer to download from so you get exactly what you want.
    Malwarebytes
    the big blue download now arrow

• grandms
    11 years ago

RC, there is no big blue download now arrow on the page that your link connects to.

Casi, the link that azinoh gave is good. Just be sure you choose the Free version.

• ravencajun Zone 8b TX
    11 years ago

The one problem with the one on malwarebytes site is in some cases it links to the cnet download.com sites and there have been several cases of people getting some things other than what they wanted. Which is why we have been giving out the bleeping computer link.
    I accidentally gave the link to all the malwarebytes products before. This one is for malwarebytes free.

Here is a link that might be useful: Link

• casi
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks all! I got it!

• casi
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Well, I've got problems. I did the download, let it do it's updates and then attempted a scan. The laptop got locked up after 18 min. I shut it down and restarted and got a message that my Malewarebytes protection had ended (trial was over). So, I redid the download and attempted another scan and got locked up in 11 min. What do I do now? Something is definitely not right. This is an HP with Windows 7 Home premium OS. I also have Avast on it.

• Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana
    11 years ago

It looks to me like it might have been best to have uninstalled the trial Pro version before downloading the free version. Maybe uninstall it and download and install the free version again?

Here is a link that might be useful: Keeps telling me it has expired

• ravencajun Zone 8b TX
    11 years ago

Yes Do a full removal of everything malwarebytes on your computer, then go back and download and install.

• casi
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Okay, I did a full removal of the Malwarebytes, downloaded and installed the new, attempted a scan. It locked up again; the Alt,control,delete thing did not recover it so I had to do a forced shut down. I knew something was going on with the thing. What is the best thing to do? Should I do a restore point thing?

• mikie_gw
    11 years ago

Were you doing the Malwarebytes scan because you think you might have a virus ?? Or just because it was time for a scan.

I'm sort of curious if you used the mbam-clean.exe to clean up the uninstall of Malwarebytes ? Its a shame its not working for you. Something else maybe is wrong if you used the cleanup tool.

I would certainly go to a restore point before this started, if I had run that cleanup tool... if you haven't run it,, do so before trying a restore.... but then you need to remove malwarebytes pro again because its likely to come back in full or partially.

11 years ago

Okay, I did a full removal of the Malwarebytes,
    Did you use mbam-clean.exe? See link below.

Sue

Here is a link that might be useful: Use mbam-clean.exe to completely remove Malwarebytes Anti-Malware

• casi
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I did the link that was provided by Chemocurl which says it was the mbam-clean.exe. Yes, I was doing the scan because I am worried that something is going on with the machine since it has been without coverage for awhile. I saw when I re-installed the Malewarebytes that on the last of the installation, at the point it says "finish" there were 3 boxes that were checked....one to set up an update, one to do a scan, I believe and another to set up the option of doing a trial "pro", which is probably how I ended up with it in the first place. I unchecked that box before I hit "finish".
    So, I guess I'll try to do a restore point.

11 years ago

Good luck. Please keep us posted.

Sue

• casi
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I did the restore thing, then attempted a scan with the Malwares....it got stuck after 10 min. but I was able to abort the scan and start over which finally completed successfully with no infections. So I think I'm okay????

Sponsored
Winks Remodeling & Handyman Services
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County