Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Searching for App that notifies you of best price/price drop

Posted by lynnalexandra (My Page) on
Thu, Nov 29, 12 at 9:42

A number of months ago, I remember seeing a review for good apps (can't remember if it's for pc's of smartphones) - that notifies you of price drops - and/or best current price.

I used to use mysimon - but that was a long time ago. And I don't believe they notified you or price drops.

Is there something I can use on my pc or smartphone that would notify me of price drops. There are so many pricey electronics we want to get as gifts. These prices fluctuate daily - but I can't spend so much time every day seeing if a better price has turned up.

Anyone know what I'm talking about and have an app to recommend?

thank you.
Lynn.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Searching for App that notifies you of best price/price drop

I have seen several of that type app recently from the Kim komando site. I get her newsletter and she features apps, she has been doing all kinds of shopping helper apps. I would check her site out for the recently recommended apps.

Are you looking for Android or ipad apps that is important for us to know so we suggest one you can actually use.

o

Look at this article and the replies below it

Here is a link that might be useful: Link

o

I use Price Blink on my pc. I don't know if it's available for phone or not. It notifies me of other prices and also coupons or free shipping.

Here is a link that might be useful: priceblink.com

o

Just got Priceblink for my PC and have tried it out. What fun! Thanks.

Sue

o

Boy - this is just not my day.

I downloaded Priceblink - but can't get past the second step. It installs. Then says to click to verify - and another tab opens up and I can see it working for whatever product it randomly selected. It lists all kinds of retailers and prices for the item. But then it says to return to the first window. When I do that, nothing in that window has changed. There is no place to enter an item that I want to search for. I can't click on anything in the screen. I tried it on my desktop this morning. Now I tried it on my laptop in case it was just a quirk on my desktop. But I must be missing something obvious. once it's installed, how do you open it and use it. Looks like a great add-on.

Raven - I have an android phone. I tried to download some of the apps in that Lifehacker list - but google play just wasn't working. It kept forcing closed. I typed the name of the apps - but pressing enter to search led nowhere. So I'm going to try again now on home wifi - in case I was just getting throttled on 3G earlier in my office.

I love the Amazon app that gives you 5% off. I get things from Amazon all the time. Getting the discount and ordering from my smartphone is a great option.
Thanks.
Lynn.

o

I just let PriceBlink do its own thing. For example, when I am searching an item on a site, Price Blink pops up at the top of the screen with information about other merchants or coupons or free shipping or whatever. I do not go to their website at all.

o

Now I tried it on my laptop in case it was just a quirk on my desktop. But I must be missing something obvious. once it's installed, how do you open it and use it.
Did you try it yet as grandms suggested?

What browser are you using? Did you check to see if it was installed and enabled?

Firefox
tools at the top
Add-ons
Is it there? Is it enabled (if you are using Firefox)?

If you have it installed, if you go to the link below, I think you 'should see' the gold colored Priceblink banner just above the Amazon ad as I do. Do you see it?

Here is a link that might be useful: Cadco PCR-1S Professional Cast Iron Range, Stainless

o
Some Progress

Chemocurl - thanks for your info. I do use Firefox - and somehow it did not get installed as an add-on - so I"m going to re-install. For my laptop, I didn't realize that it would just do it's thing and pop-up when I looked at items on the web. I kept trying to enter items on their webpage. Later on, I was just shopping on my laptop - and there it was. Very useful.

Turns out I was also able to download amazon price-checker on my android phone. That is truly remarkable - and turned up better prices than priceblink. But I like using several sources anyway.

This weekend I'll probably install my android shopping apps.
Thank you.
Lynn.

o

You're welcome. Glad you got it up, running, and figured out.

Happy shopping and saving!

Sue

o

I have been addicted to slickdeals.net - especially through the past Black Friday/Cyber Monday Shopping frenzy. There is a search engine that will bring you to different forums for anything you are looking for in any category and deals are posted lightening fast. The site reminds me of GW with the forum setting where people can ask question and research different products.

I am not sure if the site will notify you off price drops specifically, but I think you can get "deal notifications" sent to your android device.

There is also an APP. I love the search engine and find this site particularly helpful with buying electronics and computer products (including Apple) which can be so confusing and technical.

Here is a link that might be useful: Slick Deals

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here