SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
not2bright

Adobe Flash Player Installation Error

not2bright
11 years ago

Hi,

Most mornings when I boot-up the computer I get an installation error regarding Adobe Flash Player (see image). The problem is, I look for AFP on my computer but I can't find it. I don't know if I already have it and only need an upgrade or if I don't have it and something wants to install it. If the latter, why do I keep getting a message about it ? It's not like I manually downloaded it and tried to install it but failed. :-/

Also, I went to the Adobe site to check which version I have. Using IE9 it says I have version 11.2.202.228. Using FF17 it says 11.3.300.265. ??? I thought the computer has AFP, not simply the browser. Why the two different versions ?

So, I'm not sure what to do. According to the browsers I have some version of AFP, but when I type "Adobe" or "Adobe Flash Player" in the start menu's search box (Windows 7 Pro) nothing comes up. I would uninstall + reinstall AFP if I could find it (assuming I actually have it). But if the computer doesn't have it, do I need to worry about the installation error all the time ?

Any suggestions welcome ! :-)

Comments (6)

Sponsored
DryHome Roofing & Siding, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars82 Reviews
Loudon Co. Roofing, Siding & Exterior Remodeler Best of Houzz 5 times!