Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
having trouble saving pictures

Posted by ilmbg (My Page) on
Thu, Nov 8, 12 at 7:34

I have never had a problem saving pictures to my documents or pictures. Lately, when I try to save, I can't get them to go anywhere except 'attachments', which they are listed in 'folders', but when I try to attacht them you can't. I don't think 'attachments' save. Everything seems to be related to when I tried to download Mozilla so I could watch 'housetv'. I can't find a way to get rid of the things that downloaded then. I have I have HP Mini/IE/win7 home starter. Also, if something has been saved to 'pictures', and I want to move it to 'documents', how do I make the change? I am wondering if that would help.
Thank you.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: having trouble saving pictures

forgot to add...
When I tried to delete the Mozilla, as I have win7 starter, there isn't a 'date' to pick in control panel/add or delete downloads. How can I delete thing, and how do I know I got everything other than by the date that I tried to add Mozilla? There seemed to be so many things that downloaded (there ended up about 47 things that was on my desktop). I moved them to a single file, but that didn't delete them Nothing seems to delete them- my neighbor who is quite knowledgable about computers(she teaches at university level) can't figure it out either.
Thanks

o

Hi ilmbg,

Try doing a System Restore instructions below, and a web link too.

Navigate to the Start -> All Programs -> Accessories -> System Tools program group.

Click on the System Restore program icon.

Click Next > on the Restore system files and settings window.

Choose the restore point that you want to use.

Joe

Here is a link that might be useful: System Restore Win 7

o

ok first of all if you actually had got firefox all you would have got was firefox so if you got something that put a bunch of other stuff on your desktop and elsewhere then you got a bad link that was not the legit firefox download.

Try to do the restore as Joe said before you installed the firefox. either way you need to run an updated malwarebytes scan immediately. I would also run a free updated superantispyware scan.
You obviously have downloaded malware that is now taking over parts of the pc and affecting your pictures and files.

We recently had some posts on how careful one has to be now when doing downloads because even sites that once were safe to download from are no longer trustworthy and we are seeing a lot of people ending up with something other than what they wanted.

Do you remember where you got the download for mozilla firefox?

Malwarebytes

SUPERAntiSpyware

both are free install update and run full scans let us know what was found.

o

systems restore still won't work with the info you gave me. Someone at the computer store couldn't figure it out either.
When I go system properties/turn on system restore it goes back to 'your system restore is not turned on'. Then I click on the system properties/turn on and it keeps doin the cycle. I can't ever get to a calender to turn it on/back to a date.
Now what??! Thanks

o

Yes it sounds like you have an infection, the ones that disable system restore are difficult to clean, I highly recommend you go to LzD forum and have the team help you run some special scans to fully remove it from your system.
Register there start your own thread telling what has happened, don't follow instructions given for any one else. Post to the area I link to.

Here is a link that might be useful: LzD

o

Glad you made it over to LzD you are in good hands!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here