SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jerry_nj

Trouble with Browsers

jerry_nj
9 years ago

I've benefited from past discussion here on the subject "Trouble with Browsers", most noticed as slowness in every respect: loading, transferring links, dealing with a blog editor, such as the one I'm typing with now.

Following some search advice here I have run Malwarebytes, Adwcleaner and Avira (all free versions). This doesn't seem to have solved the problem and in fact the problem is intermittent. I am at the moment not experiencing any delay in the typing response/display.

This makes me think the delay is due to some resource hog running on its "own free will"...i.e., I haven't asked a scan or anything, yet the browser performance acts like the computer is badly overloaded.

I know the W8 Task Manager will show me what is running and how much of key resources are being used and where. But this may be a no-win game as whatever is killing the browser performance may switch in and out and I'd be lucky to "see" the hog by looking at the Task Manager.

Any suggestions? Does the conclusion that the problem is background (hidden) processes are using too much computing resources?

Comments (31)