SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lotodig

Have lost START Menu button, Bottom Task Bar,

lotodig
12 years ago

and all Desktop Icons. My well meaning grandson has messed up my computer and I'm just hoping it's not as bad as it looks.

I have HP Pavilion, vista, 64, FF,IE,Chrome

It started when there was a notice that popped up that said something to the effect that there were too many programs running on start up that it was affecting something or another. The notice would then disappear before I could read it all. So my grandson was going to help and said he would go into Task Management and check the processing tab. Well that's what he did and he clicked on several things on the list and right clicked that item and hit "END PROCESS".

Now I have no bottom task bar, no start button, nothing across the bottom of my screen. I also have absolutely nothing on my desktop, except the picture that I use for a background. The right click on the desktop does not engage, it will not show any menu whatsoever.

I was lucky that I had a window open so that I could get to this forum...the top tool bars are all OK.

I thought about doing a system restore but am afraid to mess around too much trying to restore things, I didn't want to heap damage on top of damage.

Help will be appreciated, do you think a 'system restore' will put things back the way they were or what should I do.

Comments (10)