Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Safe Wallpapers ?

Posted by not2bright (My Page) on
Thu, Oct 13, 11 at 19:08

Hi,

I recently wanted to add some wallpapers to my files (for my desktop) and a search led me to:
http://wallpaper-s.org/

The site was marked by WOT as very safe, but one commenter there at the WOT site said it was a "very, very dangerous" site ! Well, after downloading a bunch of wallpapers I scanned my "Pictures" folder with MBAM and Avira and nothing came up to confirm the person's warning. Do you think it's safe to use them ? Any other type of scan to run ?

Thanks !

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Safe Wallpapers ?

The site looks safe to me, I even downloaded the sailboat. I feel comfortable at the site.

o

Thanks, zep. That's all I needed to hear ! :-)

o

Thank you not2bright for posting the site. And I don't like your name. Ya gotta be bright if you operate a PC and do wallpaper. LOL

I wish someone would start a wallpaper thread. I would love to know what others have on their desktop.

o

I like to run a scan if I have been trawling the free clip art or wallpaper sites. Caution is the key word for me after visiting those sites.

o

there are a certain few I go to that I know are safe but I do always scan any thing I am downloading just to make sure.

caedes desktop wallpaper
Cognitive Distortion
deviant art
welcome to digital blasphemy!
Vladstudio Desktop Wallpapers
Interfacelift Home Page

o

Thanks for those links, ravencajun !

o

As with any site, for extra precaution you can Google the site name adding the keyword complaint, then Google the site name using the added keyword virus, and finally Google the site name using the added keyword malware.

Keeping the added keywords separate will allow the responses to be more point specific in each case.

DA

o

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here