Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
two questions

Posted by kathieo (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 2, 12 at 18:30

I have a new HP 6600 wireless printer that always shoots out a blank page with each print job. Can anyone tell me why and how to stop it?

Second question. I'm using WORD 2010 with Windows 7 and trying to work with a border around a page. I have figured out how to put the border on the page but cannot change the color of the border when selecting the border from the ART menu in the Page Border tab. The color just says automatic which is black and does not allow changes. Any suggestions?
If I just choose the "border" tab as opposed to "page border" I can change the color but those borders are just lines. I want to work with the designer borders. Hope this makes sense.
TIA

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: two questions

The blank page shoot out occurs on my printer too IF I am printing from MS Word and had like 3 pages to print but deleted some to where it became only 2 pages to print.
I then go to File, Print, and place the dot for pages and do the 1,2 thingy and no extra paper shoots out.
I think the printer still thought there was 3 pages to print being it did have stuff on it before. "Queer" huh?

Did you make a deletion to less pages to print out?

o
RE: two questions

urlee, I'm not really sure of the sequence of print events. That could have happened. I'll have to do a test to see if that is the problem. I think the extra page occurs even if I am printing only one page. Yes, it IS queer! Thanks for the suggestion.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here