Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Mozilla Urges FireFox Downgrade !

Posted by not2bright (My Page) on
Thu, Oct 11, 12 at 18:20

I just found this at the Make Use Of site:

Here is a link that might be useful: http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/mozilla-pulls-firefox-16-recommends-users-downgrade-version-15-updates/

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Mozilla Urges FireFox Downgrade !

It seems that version 16.0.1 is out already. So users who have 16.0.0 can now upgrade to 16.0.1 to avoid the vulnerabilities of the former.

o

FIXED
16.0.1: Vulnerability outlined here...

Here is a link that might be useful: http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/16.0.1/releasenotes/

o

Yesterday I kept trying to update my FF browser and kept getting the message that I had the latest version: 15.0.1. Haven't checked today, so maybe that was the reason it wouldn't let me get the update.

o
RE: Mozilla Urges FireFox Downgrade ! more

I just opened FF and checked, and it definitely wanted me to update to version 16.0.1. So the job is done. ;)

o

For some years, Firefox has been Alternative Choice #1 to use instead of Internet Explorer.

Google's Chrome seems to have taken the #1 Alternative honor from Firefox. Personally, I like it much better. It seems to be faster, more stable, and more minimalistic in appearance and menu structure. I think the Firefox org has gotten tired, they seem to have had more problems than innovative break-throughs in recent times.

If you're interested in looking at something different, Chrome is worth a try.

o

I don't like Opera. I don't like Chrome. I am not excited about IE either. My main browser is FF, and perhaps the add-ons move me that way some. If I had to pick a number one alternative to FF it would be Slimbrowser.

All-in-all they are so much the same.

FF has seemed to have lost some consumer confidence ever since it went to the rapid rate release development a couple of years ago.

DA

o

If NoScript were adapted for Chrome & Opera I might use one of those. I do use them once in a while, but since the only NoScript-type add-ons for those other browsers can't quite measure up to NoScript's quality, I stick with FF for most of my online 'work.' :-)

In any case, I'm glad Mozilla got the update to version 16 out so quickly.

o

Mine updated to 16.0.1 no problems.
I have tried all of the ones mentioned and a few more including those for linux but I remain with firefox and I agree it is because of the wonderful add ons that I just don't want to be with out. I depend on so many of them daily.
On my android devices I use a few different browsers, firefox being one, opera mini, dolphin HD, and the stock browser, etc.

o

DA said "All-in-all they are so much the same.

FF has seemed to have lost some consumer confidence ever since it went to the rapid rate release development a couple of years ago."

Agree, agree. Maybe Firefox has lost some QC in the process?

I was having random stability problems with Firefox, including whole machine freeze-ups, odd behavior, crashes. Different machines with different users and not all the same Win versions. I deleted Firefox, put Chrome in a prominent position, and all is well. I had no compelling reason to keep it and have found with regular use I like Chrome better. Everyone has a different experience.

Android-wise, I just use whatever was bundled with it, it seems fine. I always try to use purpose-built apps more than the browser anyway.

o

I've been using Chrome as my default browser for several years now but do use FF on occasion, so I keep both up to date. One thing I initially liked about Chrome was the fact that I didn't need so many add-ons for some of the same basic operations that required an add-on in FF. Also, I have always liked the minimalistic, uncluttered look of Chrome. IE is there, of course, for MS updates, but basically that is all. I'm happy to see that Chrome has gained a good share of the browser market. I used Opera for a short while, but it just couldn't hold up against Chrome and FF. My opinion, and I'll stick to it!!!

o

After reading the posts here, I downloaded Chrome. I'm devoted to Firefox, but saying that....I'm a Pinterest fan and I'm amazed at how much more quickly the pages load on Chrome than on FF.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here