Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Not a computer problem, but an Ipad problem.

Posted by pkspigs (My Page) on
Wed, Oct 23, 13 at 17:56

I attempted to turn on my I-pad and the screen said: I-pad disabled.What the heck is going on? It was fully charged. I know that it was downloading an update yesterday, but I sure don't know how or why this is happening. Apple has asked me to PAY for them to tell me what is wrong with it. Can anyone help me here? Thanks in advance, Pk

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Not a computer problem, but an Ipad problem.

forgot to tell you that some type of number screen comes on asking for your number code which I do not have a clue what this is, I have never beenasked to provide a number code for this I-pad. pk

o

Hi pkspigs,

All I can find on the issue is

"If your iPad is disabled, someone typed in the wrong passcode enough to disable it. Even an iPad that did not have restrictions on can turn up disabled if someone enables the passcode and then types in a wrong passcode multiple times."

http://ipad.about.com/od/iPad_Troubleshooting/a/How-To-Fix-My-iPad-Is-Disabled.htm

o

That's what I saw too. Says you may have to reset in iTunes and then load your back up. Maybe the update messed something up. Don't have an I anything but my friends that do use the apple forums for free help. Found this on the apple site. Mary

Here is a link that might be useful: device disabled

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here