Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Question about restoring a program

Posted by deew (My Page) on
Fri, Oct 12, 12 at 17:10

I think I screwed up. This afternoon I downloaded and installed about a dozen updates, in two batches. After the second batch, I got a message on my Desktop that I thought said did I want to open Webshots. I clicked yes. I think now it was asking if I wanted to uninstall it. Don't know how I made such a stupid mistake. It's still listed in my computer but now my Desktop is blank and when I try to open WS, a message says that it has changed or moved.

I had hundreds and hundreds of beautiful widescreen photos, which you have to pay for. Is there a way to restore Webshots without doing a System Restore? I'm afraid with my luck, I'll screw something up even worse.

Dell XPS with Win7.

Dee

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Question about restoring a program

Try system restore.. if it does not get back all.. you can undu last system restore easy.

Umm you probably will need to check windows updates again.. and reinstall those after the system restore. and fresh downloads might disappear.

o

check the trash bin see if it is there if so just choose to restore it to its former position.

o

Webshots is changing and will now be smile so little by little every ones stuff is getting transferred over. You can find out about it on the home page if you haven't gotten the email and get signed up. I don't use the webshots desktop app but I assume it will be no more. I signed up for smile but they haven't transferred my stuff over yet. I really liked webshots best and wish they would have left it alone. Mary

o

I ran the System Restore and was thrilled when the Webshots Desktop photo I had before popped up after the Restart. However, when I tried to get online, Firefox kept saying Server Not Found for every site I tried to open. Then I noticed that the Activity light on my modem (I have DSL) wasn't blinking. I unplugged it and waited a few seconds and plugged it back up. After a few minutes, I was able to get online with no problem. Now, all that's left is to reinstall the updates I lost with the restoral.

Mary, I didn't know about the Webshots change. I'll look into that.

Thanks to everyone.

Dee

o

Yes webshots is shutting down and will now be smile it says and they are transitioning everyone's photos over. Mary

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here