Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Word Pad not letting me choose font

Posted by ilmbg (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 25, 11 at 17:04

Why can't I change the font in Word Pad? I click the icon, choose the font and click it- when I am typing the note, the print is always in a 'cambria/courier style on the page, not 'bold', as I chose. I thought maybe it would print out in the font I chose, but it keeps printing in a basic style. What am I doing wrong, please?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Word Pad not letting me choose font

I don't use WordPad for word processing because it is so limited, and there are very few options to modify anything. The only thing I can suggest is to highlight the text and then make the font selections. This may change it.

o

I thought at first you had the answer- it changed it on the computer screen, but not when I printed it... :( I have a HP Mini- I believe I have Word Pad and Notepad only. If I am wrong and am overlooking because I don't know the name of a program, please correct me. Thanks.

o

Select the Format option on the top toolbar to set your font preferences.

o

Try pressing Ctrl-a to highlight everything, then choose your font while everything is selected. That should cause the whole doc to use only that font.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here