Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
internet explorer

Posted by clairdo2 (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 31, 11 at 16:16

Why does it keep saying internet explorer has stopped working ?Also PC keeps freezing. It's an HP pavillion dv 7 notebook and is not quite a year old.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: internet explorer

A few things to try:

A freezing Laptop or computer can be a number of things, heat is the number 1 issue in laptops. Hard drive issues can also cause freezing issues, as well as ram and other things.

On a Win7 computer I'd start with booting to the Advanced Options menu by restarting the computer hold the F8 key down during restart. Wait for the menu to load. Select the Repair Your Computer option from the list, then hit enter.

The next thing I would try is running System File Checker from an elevated command prompt. To do that:

Click > Start, in the search box type in cmd right click on it and run as administrator. When the black command window is open on the desktop copy this sfc /scannow now paste it into the black window hit enter and let it run.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here