Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
DVD to audio

Posted by cavell (My Page) on
Wed, Oct 9, 13 at 15:17

I have an external DVD recorder. I made a DVD of a concert from a "tv" show. I want to transfer the content to a cd that I can listen too. How do I transfer the file from the DVD to my computer? I have a combo device in computer. It is a DVD player and cd burner. Do I need any special software to do this?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: DVD to audio

It's been a long time since I ripped a DVD, and even longer since I ripped just the audio.

Seems like I bought something, don't remember what or why, wouldn't do it again though. "DVD Audio Extractor" maybe? Now where did I put my key? :)

Here's a VLC method: http://www.wikihow.com/Rip-DVD-Audio-to-MP3-Using-VLC-Media-Player

That would get you the mp3, you'd still need to burn as an audio CD, but that should be easy enough.

Here's something else that looks like it might work: http://dvd-mp3.org/index.html I'm not recommending it because I haven't tried it.

Here is a link that might be useful: The way I usually do things. :)

o

I have never done this, but if I were, I would simply take the audio out from the DVD player into the audio in on my computer (RCA to 3.5mm mini-plug, the blue input on the back of your computer).

You will need to download a free audio app like Audacity to record the audio, Follow its instructions which are easily found in a search for recording LPs and tapes and the like.

Good luck,

Steve

o

Ah, good idea. It's a Philips DVD unit. Has composite in but not hdmi in and it has a bunch of outputs. Dig audio out, hdmi out, composite a/v out and component video out. Darn copyright protection squashed the hdmi in/out function. So, I can use the composite or RCA audio out and feed the signal to computer jack audio in.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here