Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
.WMV files

Posted by esteban_2009 (My Page) on
Fri, Oct 21, 11 at 14:53

Hi folks,
I have sent a mass (8) mailing to friends. It's a .MWV file and everyone can open it except one person who uses a iPad. I have no idea what programs she has on her machine, but I would like to help her get the correct program so she could enjoy the video's too. But, I know nothing about the iPad. Do any of you have a suggestion I could give her?
Once again,thanks for all the great help.
Steve

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: .WMV files

Here ya go Steve right form the IPad forums. See link.

Here is a link that might be useful: playing-wmv-files-ipad-email

o

zep,
What good service....again.
I thank you for my friend and also myself.
Steve

o

It looks like your computer has bigger problems than your friend...It does not have Google for a friend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

o

"It looks like your computer has bigger problems than your friend...It does not have Google for a friend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

I've learned that different people have different abilities in using search and in in determining which results are really useful.

It's a good thing you're perfect. Not everybody is.

o

I agree if you don't have anything to post directly related to the issue, then don't bother posting anything. canibus

o

Perhaps too bluntly put by C, but what is wrong with encouraging users to attempt to resolve their concerns themselves first? If they don't try how do they develop experience? How do they learn? This does not have to be like government where too many think they have to do nothing as everything will be done for them.

Everyone here knows I have always promoted self-help first and it makes me smile when I read a thread where a member, particularly less experienced ones, share they have researched Google or read the Help file and unfortunately still have questions. I am proud and respectful of them. At least they tried on their own first.

If I can put two or three "basic" keywords into Google and come up with the answer I think members can too. And the learning benefit would be theirs rather than having a member provide plagiarized site information as if it were their own knowledge, or create a hyperlink like it is magic.

DA

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here