Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Home Use � Microsoft Office 2010 for Windows

Posted by jenn (My Page) on
Sun, Oct 2, 11 at 14:47

I have an opportunity to download a free (to me) personal home-use version of Office 2010 for Windows on my laptop at home. This opportunity is available for anyone with a subscribed system at my workplace to make our home system compatible with our system at work.

I'm retiring next month and am wondering if I should take advantage of this opportunity for our home computer. I never do work at home on my own computer, so compatibility at home really is not an issue.

Are there any reasons why I should NOT upgrade to the Home Use version of Microsoft Office 2010 for Windows? Any reasons why I *should*?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Home Use � Microsoft Office 2010 for Windows

If it's a full version and does not come with any unreasonable restrictions...why not? You never know when it might come in handy.

o
RE: Home Use � Microsoft Office 2010 for Windows

I agree with azinoh here. This is a valuable gift and who can say what you might get up to once you retire and all that spare time on your hands.

Seriously, this is a nice offer not to be ignored. Remember you can always delete it later but you cannot install what you have refused to accept.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here