SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lotodig

Try to fix or just do a system restore?

lotodig
12 years ago

I have just days ago updated my Firefox to the version 6 and then on to 7. I"ve spent days off and on tweaking and adjusting all the settings and Add on's that I like.

I was trying to do some updates on some other programs and thought I would try the Secunia program. Well, all seemed ok except that the program did not recognize that I had Firefox 7.01 installed. It was listed Firefox 3.6 and was in the "insecure " and "apply update" list. Here's the problem..somehow Secunia reverted my Firefox back to the earlier version 3.6. I noticed that my fonts and toolbars were totally different so I checked the Firefox version and sure enough the version was 3.6.

I know to just go and redo the firefox update, but when I got to the point to do the install it gives a choice of STANDARD or CUSTOM options. Which one should I choose to make sure that all the settings are replaced that I have spent days adjusting and tweaking.

should I trust that all the settings will be the new ones like I had them in the 7.01 version or do a system restore.

I have HP Pavilion 64,Vista, FF, IE

Comments (13)