Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
MSE scan problem

Posted by deew (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 24, 11 at 13:35

I recently installed Microsoft Security Essentials and scheduled a full scan for Daily at 4:00 AM. I also checked the box for it to start the scan when the computer is on but not in use. I am using it now. It is half past noon, and it is running the full scan as I type this. Why is it ignoring my settings and doing the scan at this time? I have Win7.

Dee

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: MSE scan problem

You may need to check the schedule Task manager,

Scheduled scans that don't start at the correct time. Why ? What criteria are used for initiating the scan.

See link provided. Maybe some help there.

Here is a link that might be useful: MSE Scheduled scans

o

I set MSE to run at a time that the computer most likely will be in use & not in sleep mode. MSE is unobtrusively polite and pauses while people are using/doing things. Doesn't slow down user usage, the user slows it down :) = it can take a long time to finish its scan, but it does its job.

o

just to clarify you are leaving the computer turned on at the time the scan is scheduled to occur?
will the scan happen if it happens to be in hibernate mode?
some times there is a setting to wake it, and some will not run the scan if it on battery power.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here