Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I'm sick of FireFox!

Posted by Gale-T (My Page) on
Sun, Oct 13, 13 at 13:19

I'm having nothing but problems with it and I want to get rid of it completely. Perhaps replace it with Safari? I still use IE as a backup, but don't like it either.

Please help me with this. I don't have a clue how to do this. I went to delete it from my program files and it says it needs to be done by an administrator????? I own this computer.

Sorry if I sound too frustrated, but I really have had it with all of this. TIA

Windows 7 Professional

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I'm sick of FireFox!

Did you try removing Firefox from programs an features? I don't understand why your deleting from the program files folder?

Start> control panel> Programs an Features, remove Firefox from there.

o

I'm curious what your Firefox problems are. I have four browsers on my computer and Firefox is by far the easiest and most reliable.

I'm not saying you shouldn't remove it, but I'm assuming you are aware that removing it will not make your computer run any better. An imperfect uninstall of some programs, like antivirus software, can complicate things, but an installed, but unused, browser is typically not going to affect anything.

o

I wonder if you've cleared your history-cache-cookies lately. I also am curious what version you're running, and how many add-ons you've added to it. If you want to uninstall a program, you typically don't start "deleting" things...unless you want more problems than you had before. Millions of people use Firefox with great success. If you think Firefox is the problem, I predict you'll be just as unhappy with Safari or any other browser. I think you're having a PEBKAC day.

o

• Posted by mikie z9 St.Pete.FL (My Page) on
    Sun, Oct 13, 13 at 17:12

I have had two recent people with firefox problems .. within past maybe 2 weeks. Simple uninstall didn't work..... both had a hidden folder locked in the user tree. I probably simply went to safe mode.

Both had quick scans of SuperAntiSpyware discoveries too.

This post was edited by mikie on Sun, Oct 13, 13 at 17:21

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here