SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mudlady_gw

Need a cheap vacation connection to e-mail and Google

mudlady_gw
9 years ago

At first, I had a nice laptop. Then I had a cute little Netbook. Neither will work any longer because the OS on each is outdated. When I am on vacation I want to keep up with my email and be able to Google occasionally for vacation related information. I asked about adding 7 to the Toshiba netbook, the newer of the two previous vacation computers, and was told it was a piece of junk and I should buy something else. I have no interest in learning to use anything Apple, or paying their prices. I am trying to decide if a tablet will be OK or if I need another Netbook. I am afraid any tablet will drive me crazy. I don't intuit anything new very well and it seems tablets are sold with the assumption that they are so self explanatory any idiot will adapt quickly. I am 70 and have always used MS products. I don't even do anything with my extremely basic cell phone but make emergency calls and check my home answering machine. All I need is a convenient way to read and send email and Google information. Oh, if plain, simple Solitaire is on the device, I would also enjoy that. I have never enjoyed any other computer game.
Thanks, Nancy

Comments (3)