Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
New Yahoo Email Contacts

Posted by mxyplx (My Page) on
Sun, Oct 16, 11 at 12:43

I briefly tried the new yahoo and had no problem except the list of contacts was re-arranged alphabetically by FIRST names!

Where's the sense of that?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: New Yahoo Email Contacts

If it is family and friends I like it that way. To many last names are the same. Business contacts I prefer alphabetically. I think you should be able to sort the way you want it.

o

In the New Yahoo mail click on the CONTACTS tab. New tabs will open; one will be ACTIONS. Click on ACTIONS to "open". Select SORT BY LAST NAME.

Hope this works for you. I also prefer to sort by last name but Vala55 has an excellent reason for selecting a first name sort.

Isn't it nice that we have the choice.

o

thank you juneroses

o

I figured there was an option - didn't stick around long enough to persue it - seems ridiculous to me that sorting by first name is the default - an option? - yes - default? - aw come on.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here