Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Zone Alarm message

Posted by Sue-va (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 9, 12 at 12:33

HP Media Center XP SP3

"Suspicious Behavior"

Adobe Flash Player Installer/uninstaller 11.4r402 is trying to change the system behavior for executable files. This may allow a suspicious program to start every time you run any application.

Remember this setting.
Allow Deny

I click Remember and Deny.

It just comes back.

Should I allow it? Sounds creepy to me.

TIA

Sue

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Zone Alarm message

Are you trying to get this update directly from the Adobe web site? If no, they I certainly would not trust this update. Just my $.02.

o

No, this is a Zone Alarm message.

Sue

o

I will rephrase. If your most recent install or update of an Adobe product came directly from the Adobe site, then I would view that as a trusted source and I would tell Zone Alarm to allow it. That's just my opinion. If that doesn't work for you then I would get in contact with ZA and find out how to get ZA to do what you want.

On the other hand, if your most recent install or update of an Adobe product did not come directly from the Adobe site then it's possible that whatever you put on your computer is infected and Zone Alarm is trying to warn you. I would be very suspicious of installing anything related to Adobe from any source other than the Adobe site.

So tell us...where did your most recent install or update of an Adobe product come from?

o

It is just Flash Player trying to update to the latest version I suspect. Zonealarm is doing it's job. Allow if you want the update.

o

There is a new update to Flash Player. I subscribe to Corinne's newsletter and use the links she provides to update Flash Player on my machines. There are separate downloads for IE and for other browsers, so if you use a browser other than IE, it is important to get that version of FP also.

o

Sorry for the delay in getting back.

I took Owbist's advice and allowed the update.

I just now checked and I have the latest update.

Thanks to all for your replies.

Sue

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here