Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Message from AVAST????

Posted by marie-ndcal (My Page) on
Sat, Oct 26, 13 at 12:33

First, I did read the posting about Chrome and that might help, but this is the message I started getting on my banking on line program. I did call the bank and they cannot help me
When I first open on line banking, on the top either in oranage or yellow I get this: You have entered an online banking site. Do you want to open it in avast? (small letters) Safe Zone?
Because I do not know who or what is sending this message, I will not open it. Then I get an additional message in a small box that one of my browsers need updating.
Any ideas or help would be appreciated
Thanks
Marie

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Message from AVAST????

Sounds like Avast is telling you the browser needs up-Dating , so I would up date it.

As far as the other message, sounds like Avast wants to open the bank site in a "sand box" type setting so it isolates it to one area, and may be more secure that way.

In computer security, a sandbox is a security mechanism for separating running programs.

The sandbox typically provides a tightly controlled set of resources for guest programs to run in.

Does Avast use Sandbox techniques. I'm not sure but it sounds like it.

This post was edited by zep516 on Sat, Oct 26, 13 at 13:24

o

I do believe that Avast has the ability to Sandbox sites for security purposes. A new feature of Avast is notifications when a browser or other application is in need of an update, sort of like Secunia does. I don't use Secunia any more---just rely on Avast to notify me when updates are needed.

o

I did get a message from Chrome saying Avast is not compatible with Chrome meaning for me to update the version and that is when I started to update and ran into trouble (I think I caused) to where it will not update now period!

o

I use Chrome as my default browser and Avast as my AV. I have never had a problem with Chrome updating, so I don't think that was your problem, urlee.

o

I'm sorry. I meant Avast will not update anymore and I can not remove it from the add/remove on my computer.

o

Chrome is my default browser and my Avast would not update after one of Chrome's updates. I removed it using avastclear and installed MSE which updated 10/29/2013 @ 10:47pm.
Might be my imagination, but it seems my machine is running better.

Jean

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here