Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Quick, Dumb Question: EmpartISAPI.dll

Posted by not2bright (My Page) on
Wed, Oct 10, 12 at 11:59

I'm trying to clean up/out my Documents folder and found this entry (EmpartISAPI.dll) just sitting there. I can't figure out where it came from or what it's for. A search reveals that it's part of some websites' urls. It seems harmless and I would ordinarily just delete the thing, but since I don't know how it got there, I'm wondering whether it may be a part of something that won't function properly if I do delete it.

What say ye ? :-)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Quick, Dumb Question: EmpartISAPI.dll

Nothing in the Documents folder should be needed to run any program. If unsure right click and add a digit to the suffix for a few days then delete.

Googling finds engines????? So perhaps a file for smoother engine performance?

Where do you download to by default? I created a folder inside Documents for all downloads so they are separate and easily found or banished once finished with.

o

Make a temp folder on your desktop, take the file from the Docs folder and put it in the temp file on your desktop..run your puter as per normal for a week or so and if no change, go ahead and delete the file

o

Thanks for the comments. I'll use both of them. ;-) That is, I'll make a desktop folder and put the file there and rename it by adding a number as owbist suggests.

Owbist, depending on the program I download either to the default download folder (Windows 7) or the desktop. Never downloaded to Documents, as far as I can remember. :-/

Thanks again !

o

from my google search it looks like it has to do with brigs and straton engines or yamaha engines do you have anything related to that? Perhaps a user manual or user guide book?

I agree with both suggestions, give it a try I doubt it is anything essential.

o

Yes ! I have a .pdf manual (for a TroyBilt rider mower) that I downloaded but really don't need anymore. I imagine it's safe to delete it then, but I'll still wait a few days to be sure. Thanks, ravencajun !

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here