Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
transfering addresses from server mail box to Windows Mail

Posted by salbwil (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 18, 11 at 11:41

Is there an easy way to move my address book from my server mail to Windows mail ? Every time I want to email a link to something I'm looking at, Windows mail pops up as the way to mail it. This is fine, however, most of my addresses are in my server mail book and trying to transfer them has so far been difficult , if not impossible.....don't know what I'm doing wrong.
Thanks, salbwil

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: transfering addresses from server mail box to Windows Mail

To import an address book from another email client:

Start Windows Mail.

Go to File -> Import -> Windows Contacts...

More at link below

Here is a link that might be useful: Windows Contacts

o

I guess I should have said, Windows Live Mail; is it a different program ? Anyway, there is no "file" area that I can find. It is a very busy address type bar at the top of the program and very confusing. I think I may have done it, but in the mean time, I lost all of the mail in my in box on my server. ..........very frustrating. Windows Live mail does NOT want one to navigate away from their program and makes it very difficult to not make them the default mail program.
salbwil

o

Now that we know the mail client, I'm hoping someone will clear this up for you. E-Mail is not my area.

o

I use Windows Live Mail but don't think I can help you. I imported my address book from my Outlook Express mail on my old computer. In fact, I do not even have an address book in my gmail, which is my mail server. What is your server mail? There might be instructions there for moving your address book to Windows Live Mail. I know there are instructions for having your e-mails download to WLM, which is what I do. I dislike having to go to gmail via my browser to get my mail.

o

Server mail is just Comcast.net I have no problems with just using that, but thought I might like the features in WLM....wrong. It's just too confusing.
salbwil

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here