SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
stir_fryi

ICloud -- so many questions

stir_fryi SE Mich
11 years ago

New IPad 3 user. I have successfully set up the cloud to sync my Outlook contacts and calendar but:

How to I sync my incoming and outgoing mail? I am still receiving the same e-mails on both the IPad and the PC and have to individually handle both of them. An e-mail I send from my IPad is not in my Sent folder on my PC. I am using my cable company providing e-mail address and don't want to use an Apple or ICloud e-mail account. I see it set up an ICloud folder in my Outlook but it doesn't seem to be doing anything.

Photo stream appears to work with a few quirks:

If I am on vacation somewhere and take a bunch of pictures and then connect to a wi-fi network (say at McDonalds) -- are these pics going to suddenly transfer? It seems weird to use someone elses wi-fi for this function.

Also, it set up the following path on my pc where the pictures are ending up: pictures/photo stream/my photo stream/my photostream. Why is is their a subfolder "my photo stream" under My Photo Stream?? Guess it doesn't matter but it bugs me.

I understand Photo Stream does not work on videos. If I take video with my IPad, how do I get it onto my PC?

Lastly, I am a Mozilla firefox user. Do I understand correctly that I cannot use ICloud to sync bookmarks (only works with IE?)??

Comment (1)