Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Version 9 WLM

Posted by urlee (My Page) on
Sun, Oct 7, 12 at 10:32

I want to install version 9 but which URL do I use?

I do not know what is meant by the Full or Web version to chose?

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Version 9 WLM

I think the only difference is the installer. The first one is the full installer, the second is a web based installer(downloads the files it needs as it installs).

In fact, take a look at the file sizes:

wlsetup-all.exe : 141.4 MB
wlsetup-web.exe : 1.2 MB

o

Oh WOW!
Thanks!

o

Urlee, what version are you using now? I just checked my Win 7 computer, and I have version 9 of WLM. On download sites, I noticed versions as high as 12, but I have no idea what the difference is. Probably not enough that I'd notice the difference. LOL!

o

grandms,
On my laptop win7, it came with version 9 which I can send music in the background and other stuff like in OE.
I heard you can not do that with version 11 etc. so I would like to install 9 on my netbook because I am familiar with it and it does not have that lg. "ribbon" etc.
I think version 11 is in my netbook ready to install but I did not install anything from it hoping I can 9.

o

Gotcha! I'll just hold on to the version 9 that I have.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here