Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pics Have Shaded Area on the Bottom

Posted by gram999 (My Page) on
Thu, Oct 10, 13 at 10:17

In Yahoo Groups, the photos in albums have a shaded area on the bottom with words in it that makes it hard to see the full pic. I recently bought a Toshiba laptop with Windows 8. Nobody I talked to says this is happening to them & it never happened on my old laptop with Windows 7. Is there a way to turn that off? I've had the shaded area show up in other programs on photos too, but can't remember exactly where.

This is happening to photos others have loaded in the album also. So I don't think corruption is the problem.

This post was edited by gram999 on Thu, Oct 10, 13 at 10:46

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pics Have Shaded Area on the Bottom

Maybe someone else has seen that and will recognize it but I don't. So I only have questions.

(1) Are you using IE or a different browser?

(2) Have you tried running the browser with add-ons disabled? Assuming you're using IE, this might help: http://www.eightforums.com/tutorials/10206-internet-explorer-no-add-ons-shortcut-create-windows-8-a.html

(3) Concerning the "words"? Are they always the same words or do they vary from image to image? Are they on every image or just certain ones? Can you give an example of what the words say?

(4) Can you provide a link to one of the images?

(5) Can you upload a screenshot? http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/use-snipping-tool-capture-screen-shots A picture really is worth a thousand words. I suspect in communicating technical issues such as this, they're worth more than that. :)

Edit: Just a long shot but anyway... Try holding down the control key and tapping zero to reset the zoom while on a problem page. I doubt that's it but it's easy enough to try. What I'm thinking is that perhaps the text (only) has been zoomed larger and is intruding into the image area. Like I say, just a long shot. :)

This post was edited by chuggerguy on Thu, Oct 10, 13 at 15:49

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here