Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Sending a Contact List from Yahoo mail

Posted by dedtired (My Page) on
Sat, Oct 5, 13 at 9:38

I have a complete list of emails for all my neighbors in my Yahoo Contacts. One of the neighbors would like to have the list. How do I send the list to her without sending an email to all? I have a list of contacts called "Neighbors". How do I send "Neighbors" to just one person? Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Sending a Contact List from Yahoo mail

Just curious here. Will the people on your contact list mind if you give out their email address????? I am careful about it giving mine out and I also warn them" I do not want forwards!"

o

Yes, they are happy to be on the list. It will not go any farther than the immediate neighborhood, unless someone chooses to abuse it. Of course, we can use the BCC option, too.

A recent home burglary on the street has created a need to keep each other informed of neighborhood news and concerns, as well as Block Parties.

o

Sign into your Yahoo Mail account.

Click on

Contacts
Actions
Export All

Choose the CSV file format.

It will download a file that is easily readable by Excel, for example, or importable into other people's address systems.

o

Wow! Thanks.I'll try that. I appreciate your help.

o

I should have also said:

Be sure you know which folder your browser is set to for downloaded files. Change it to another if you would find that easier to work with (I create a "c:\downloads" folder on all my PCs. I point all browsers to that folder, so that I don't need to crawl down too many levels to find files)

The file that will be in whatever folder you download to, that you'll attach to an email, is named:

yahoo_ab.csv

You should maybe first double check that it came out ok by navigating to it using Windows Explorer and then opening it with whatever spreadsheet program you use.

o

You might also make the wise decision to keep a copy of the file. My main computer crashed and all my address book and emails were lost. I had a back up copy but from too long ago so a few are missing needing me to go into search/begging mode to retrieve the lost addresses.

o

owbist that is the only thing I lose when I reformat. I figure if they want to hear from me they will write and I will get it then. LOL

o

Owbist, I don't think there's a need to backup emails and addresses that dedtired has on Yahoo. A failure there is most unlikely. (Yeah, I know, it HAS happened randomly).

I've used Yahoo mail for over 15 years (yeah, no typo) and gmail since it started and have never had a problem with either. Smaller providers/ ISPs have historically had regular issues, less so now because most now use software or turnkey services from the big guys.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here