SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lynnalexandra

Gmail - lost all contrast between read and unread mail

lynnalexandra
11 years ago

I use XP and Firefox. A few days ago (perhaps after updating firefox - and also having a windows driver problem that needed updating), the appearance of my desktop font type and sizes changed. I checked under Firefox options - and saw that it indicated arial font and size 14. But that's not what was displaying. And efforts to change the size in the tools options did not change the appearance.

Now - somehow - within a day or so most of my pages and tabs resumed their normal appearance (size and font). Except Gmail. In Gmail the font is very small - both looking at my inbox and how my received and written emails appear. The font size is set to normal - but it appears tiny. Changing fonts to large makes it way too big. The other even more annoying problem is that there is no longer a contrast/distinction between read and unread email.

I did some google checking and see that many people posted about this problem about a year ago. No solutions were mentioned (except a complicated add-on that could be downloaded). There were many threads - and no solutions. I did not find any such threads for current issues. I am concerned that I am missing important emails bc. I cannot distinguish the unread ones from the read (and probably get well over a hundred emails a day).

On my other computers (laptop at home and office), gmail appears the same as always. And I updated firefox on those.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Lynn.

Comments (8)