SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cornsnake_girl

I need a new fan for my HP Pavilion

cornsnake_girl
9 years ago

I have an HP Pavilion G7 laptop and it started blowing out very hot air. I used compressed air while the computer was off and blew out the fan. It definitely blows cooler now, but there is a vibration in the whole laptop, it was pretty bad at first but seems to be fading away daily. I was originally afraid that a blade or two had broken, but with the way it is acting today (sure, NOW you want to behave!) it may or may not be a problem.

Data Doctors and Best Buy (where I bought it from) charge a whole lot just to look at it, and if it is just the fan I can get them from $3 on eBay. I would like to take it in with the fan and see what they think, if it isn't the fan then I am only out $3 but if it is something more we will cross that bridge.

My question is, without taking the whole shebang apart (replacing this fan is like a surgeon cracking a patient's chest, removing all vital organs and go through the spine just to pop a zit on the patient's back), is the fan the ONLY fan that this model uses or could there be different models I could have inside and I can't see which one it is.

Here is what I found on the computer:

Pavilion G7
A8 Vision AMD
Altec Lansing (by the speaker)
GSC0148794 (barcode sticker on back)

I also noticed that there are 3 and 4 pin wires for sale, I have no idea which I need.

I don't have any problem with them installing it, but I don't want to have to pay $75 for a $3 part.

Please don't hesitate with any questions, I appreciate it!

Comments (10)

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio